Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Meatballs-Asian Style.

Last night I was craving asian food, which happens very often, so I thought about what I had in the freezer, and what I had in the fridge. I had some ground beef I wanted to use so I thought instead of making traditional Italian Meatballs, I could "Nichify" it and make asian style instead. Here is what I came up with:

Meatball Ingredients:

1lb Lean ground beef
1 Inch finely grated fresh ginger
Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1 medium egg
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp milk
(i forgot to add garlic, you can add some if you want)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make 1 inch meatballs and place on a foil-lined pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

Meanwhile. Make sauce for the meatballs.

Sauce Ingredients:

1 cup of your favorite Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1/4 tsp hot sauce.
2 tbsps water

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stir half-way through.

In a medium bowl coat the cooked meatballs with the sauce.

And youre done!

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. I want these when I visit please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I hope you like them as much as we did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will........your cooking is fabulous Nich!

    ReplyDelete