Saturday, April 3, 2010

Got bread?



Bread can be used for many different things! French toast, sandwiches, breakfast bakes, bread crumbs!

Have you ever bought bread crumbs at the grocery store when you had bread at home? I made that silly, unnecessary mistake once. In fact, I still have those in my cupboard right now, and it bugs me. Have you ever looked at the ingredients list? You would think for something as basic as bread crumbs that the list would consist of a few things; however, it consists of at least twenty!

I'm not one to eat strictly organic, but seriously?

Knowing there was a better alternative I rounded up some things to make my own freakin' bread crumbs!

Here's how:

1)Get bread (it doesn't have to be the best bread, in fact, you probably have some discount bread in your freezer right now, use that! Or ,use your fresh bread. It doesn't matter)

2)Get blender

3)Get toaster

4)Toast bread

5)Break up pieces of toasted bread, put in blender, then crumb.

6)Put crumbs in plastic freezer bags, and freeze. Make as many or as little as you want. If you want to season you can, but not necesssary as you will season your dish when you make it.


Easy, right!


Bread crumbs can be used for meatballs, burgers, meatloaf, etc. They are a must to have around.

Save yourself some money and stop putting all those preservatives/chemicals in your body, when you don't have to!


Making things on your own feels good.


Try it!


xoxo

Nichelle

1 comment:

  1. yes, I agree. Breadcrumbs should be a basic pantry item. So I will now stop being lazy and make them! :)

    ReplyDelete